Friday completely slipped by me. It was supposed to be my Friday's Flash day, where, hopefully, you all would post something about yourselves, WIP, or whatever in 30 words or less. Instead, Friday became THE DAY. What day was that, you ask? THE DAY OF THE PHOTO SHOOT. UGH! YUCK! I hate having my picture taken. And not just once, but 130 times. Yep, that's right, one hundred and thirty pictures taken. The worst part? Of those 130, I only liked ONE, and that one...naturally...had a background that couldn't be removed and it looked like I had horns growing out of my head. So forget it. Now that means I have another icky photo shoot scheduled for Wednesday. So Wednesday's photos are a "now or never" situation. Will pick one of those, or will never have a photo of me on display anywhere!
An author friend recently said to me, 'Mikki, we don't really know a lot about you. Why is that?'
Hmmm. Well, in light of that question, here are 7 things you might not know about me, and the first one should explain it all!
1. I'm an introvert. I'm actually a very shy and quiet person, and have to force myself to be otherwise. My 'teacher' persona often takes over and can talk forever, if she thinks she is 'teaching' something of value. Otherwise, this is the main reason I HATE social networking...I'm just not that kind of person.
2. I'm a military brat, and basically grew up all over the US and several foreign countries. At one time, I spoke 3 languages besides English fluently. Not any more, English is hard enough!
3. I sang professionally in Musical Theatre for seven years, from the age of 13 to 19.
4. When I entered the Ph.D program at UC Riverside, I had to take the MMPI (Minnesota Muliphasic Personality Inventory) TWICE: my inventory came out split 50% Logical and 50% Creative. My professors said that was impossible. Second testing was exactly the same. Professors shook their heads and walked away muttering to themselves. I often wondered what the MMPI would say about them...
5. To emphasize this MMPI thingy, I taught Sociology, Statistics and Research Methodology at the University level, and became a professional artist at the same time.
6. I rode my Appaloosa mare to both National and World championships the same year that I became a grandmother for the second time.
7. I sold my first poetry at the age of 10, my first short story at 12, and a book of Haiku poetry while I was in college.
Well, there you go! Seven things you probably didn't know about me.
Until next time,
That's a wrap.